For portable operation in a local area (or combined with our DMR repeater) we use this case with 4 Hytera PD505 handheld radios.
The case itself is waterproof and contains two charging stations which are also compatible to other Hytera radios (e.g. PD785).
Hytera PD505 radios can be used in FM or DMR mode. We usually operate our radios (and repeater) in DMR mode.
- no display
- 16 selectable channels via knob
- 1 programmable button
- detachable antenna
- MIL-STD-810 C/D/E/F/G
- 115 x 54 x 27 mm
- UHF (70cm wavelength)
- up to 4W transmitter power
- voice and data communication over two possible timeslots (uses less energy; see figure below)
- acoustical channel announcement
- 1500mAh battery
- digital sensitivity: 0,22uV, BER 5%
Official flyer (external source): 90PD5Series_Fly_ENG_v03_web.pdf
As DMR uses TDMA (time division multiple access) the radio’s power consumption while transmitting will be reduced:
More information on DMR can be found here: ham-dmr.lu (german).